Thursday, March 18, 2010

Awards and Achievement

Well it is 2:37pm and I am in the process of getting ready to be inducted into Alpha Beta Kapa National Honor's Society. I do admit I have worked hard towards this event. I know my family and I have both sacificed a lot and will sacifice a lot for this achievement. I have given up my weekends, most of my nights, and days. I could have been with my wife on those times, but my choices have lead me down this path. We both wonder sometimes if the pressure of school is worth it in the end...

I think it will be. I have just one goal, and that is to provide a better lifestyle for my wife and our future child together. That is what this degree is all about to me. Some of my classmates only sees it as a way to get a job and have fun. I see it more than that. I know my value, and I must convey that to any partential employees. That is way I will not settle for just any job it has to be that right job. I have done that before, and I will not go down that road again.

I am very excited about being a member of such a prestiagous organization. I am ready to prove everyone that I am smart and that the decision to go to school was the right one. By December I hope with the help of God that I will be Validictorian of my class. If not that then at least in the top ten percent. I just wish that I had applied myself like this in high school. I may would have turned out a little different. I finally get to right that wrong.

Back to the question... Is the ABK Honor important to me? Heck yes it is. Some people it may not be. I just hope that I can live up to the standards and do them and my family proud.

No comments: